Shop Floor OpEx Visual Management
This tool provides visual cues to quickly and easily understand the status of operations across a shop floor.
About OpEx Visual Management
This course will provide the tools to clear the clutter and establish a world-class workplace. The OpEx Visual Management tool is typically applied to providing feedback in the areas of safety, quality and production efficiency. Deviations are quickly communicated, allowing efficient prioritization of tasks across operations, even very large ones.
A few examples of Shop Floor OpEx Visual Management include:
- Signs hanging above work areas
- Status indicators (lights or flags) indicating equipment status
- Defined lanes for pedestrian and forklift traffic
- Defined floor space for inbound parts, work areas and outbound parts
- Long unobstructed lines of sight to facilitate quick communication of an issue