Standard Work is a documented system with details that production workers develop and follow to complete repeatable tasks within their assigned job.
The CCO Difference
While the tools are fairly common, our approach to deploying Standard Work sets us apart. Most consultants install Standard Work, but we fully implement it — defining cultural change and delivering sustained value to your operations.
The key concepts we take into consideration are:
1) Takt Time – Demand Rate (the available production time divided by the customer demand rate)
2) Cycle Time – Production Time (the time to complete a full cycle of an operation)
The core tools in a Standard Work Development are:
- Process Instruction Sheets
- Standardized Work Analysis Sheet (Cell Layout)
- Time Observation Sheet
- Operator Balance Chart
- Standard Work Combination Sheet